Who will win the Euro Low-Vision Song-Contest?
VIEWS International and DBSV are looking for European partner organisations to hold the first Euro Low-Vision Song-Contest for Musicians with visual impairment during a final online-show on Friday 21st May 2021.
We are looking for partner organisations to take part in organising this event.
The tasks of the partner organisations are:
– Make the event public in their country
– Collect candidacies for the contest on (at national level and process to the selection for the European final).
Songs may take part in the contest:
– when at least the text author or the composer and one of the actors is blind or partially sighted;
– when it is maximum 4 minutes long or is faded out to that length;
– when it is sent as video or as audio file with additional photos;
– Participants agree with all conditions of participation. They agree – in case they are selected – that their audio, video and photo material will be streamed and published on the internet and that they are available for a live interview during the final show.
Please contact VIEWS International at firstname.lastname@example.org before February 20th 2021 if your organisation and your country want to take part in this project.
Preparations to this great project are running and we will send you more details as quickly as possible and publish them under this page.
Update February 2021
After the previous announcement, organisations from Italy, Denmark, France, Lithuania, Russia, Poland, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Romania, Czech Republic, Belgium and Germany showed their interest in taking part at the event.
Please find below more details about the participation regulation and the selection process.
– There is no age limit. Nevertheless, participants under 18 must provide a signed approval from their parents
– One of the authors of the music or the text and one of the musicians performers must be visually impaired. No certificates are needed.
– Song can be perform in any languages and music styles. The songs must include lyrics and last maximum 4 minutes or must be faded out to this length.
– The song must come from the submitters themselves.
– The song must be submitted as a video or as an audio file supplemented with photos. This means the songs will not be performed live.
– With their application, participants agree to all conditions of participation in the contest. They agree in case they are selected that their audio, video and photo material will be broadcasted and published on the Internet and that they will be available for a short live interview for both the national pre-selection show and the European final on May 21st.
– The national pre-selection should take place at the latest on May 7th. The country organisation is free to choose any deadline before 7th of May for participants to send their songs.
– One band/musician per country will access to the final.
– We do not provide funds for the pre-selection
– The countries-partners are free to decide how to organise the national pre-selection (award, show-format, voting system etc.). Nevertheless, they can reach out to us for advices.
– We cannot give any information yet about the price awarded to the winner of the European final. This information will be communicated later on.
– The day following the pre-selection contest, the country-officers must communicate to the final communication officer the following elements:
- Video or audio file of the national pre-selection winner, with if possible, photos of the musicians
- Information about the band/musician: where he comes from, short presentation of the song etc., Contact of the person responsible of the pre-selection (first and last name, address, mail, phone number and website if possible). This person must assure that all participants are aware and accept all the conditions of the contest.
- List of all participants with first and last name, date of birth, role regarding the song and indicate for each if there is a visual impairment
– The legal process is excluded at all stages of the ILVSC.
The contact person is Ms. Anca DAVID: email@example.com. We are available for further explanations along the process.